Imagine a world where everyone has access to safe drinking water…and healthcare, and all the things we take for granted. Unfortunately, we don’t have that kind of world yet.
Fortunately, there are people like Dr. Seth and Grace Quartey, two Pennsylvania residents who decided the dire situation in their home country, Ghana, called for action. Because of the extreme need they found there, they created Building Solid Foundations, a nonprofit organization determined to change the face of rural Ghana. Since 2003, and with the help of volunteers from Aldersgate United Methodist Church (York, PA,) District 7390 Rotary Clubs and Rotary International, WellSpan York Hospital, and many others, BSF has:
- sent medical teams to treat malaria, parasitic diseases, tuberculosis, and AIDS, and performed reconstructive and other surgeries
- researched and tested vegetable gardening and composting methods
- improved sanitation in and around the Apam Hospital and schools
- donated books and materials, and trained staff to establish libraries in four Primary Schools in Apam
- built the area’s first playground
- constructed an ice-making and fish-freezing facility used by area fisherman
Join with us as we improve the lives of the thousands of people in Ghana who face death and disease, poverty and illiteracy.
Together, we can change their future.