The annual trip to Apam, Ghana scheduled for September 2014 was cancelled due to concerns surrounding the outbreak of Ebola in neighboring African countries. Materials collected or purchased and held in storage for use during the cancelled trip were shipped to Apam and distributed by Apam Hospital personnel according to detailed instructions from Building Solid Foundations volunteers. These distributions were confirmed by Building Solid Foundations volunteers through a series of phone calls and emails.
In lieu of the annual trip, volunteers planned and prepared for the September 19, 2015 through October 2, 2015 humanitarian trip to Apam. some of that work included
1. Collection and purchase of books and other classroom supplies and equipment planned for distribution in elementary and middle schools in Apam, Ghana.
2. Fundraising to purchase equipment and supplies used at Apam Catholic Hospital.
3. Planning/coordinating renovation and refurbishment of the Apam Catholic Hospital Laboratory.
4. Working with Worldwide Laboratories to identify appropriate and needed equipment and coordinating installation and training of laboratory personnel.
5. Continuing collaboration with Rotary international on several waste-water treatment projects at schools in and near Apam.
Building Solid Foundations continues to explore several economic development projects that would bring much-needed job opportunities to the town of Apam and the surrounding area.
Thank you to all donors and volunteers. Your financial contribution and your gifts of time and talents make progress possible in Apam!